Ok, I usually like decorating for Christmas. I think it is pretty fun and I usualy end up doing most of it by myself, because mom and Brian are working, but this year it has been a little different. I have run into a lot of problems with the decorations. My tree wouldn't light (it's a pre-lit tree and none of the lights work this year), we decided to hang lights on the outside of the house and realized that our ladder isn't long enough to reach most of the roof (if you are very nice and promise not to laugh I might tell you about the "extension-cord-rope-tying-Brian-and-I-together-so-we-don't-fall-off-the-roof" experience). Last night was the end of my 'death defying' decorating experiences. We have some really cool spaces to decorate in our house that I am just finding out about. They are up near the ceiling - the previous owners installed outets operated by switches so you can put decorations and lights up on these high shelves and then you just have to flip the switch to turn them on and off - it's pretty cool. I thought it would be cool to have lights ontop of the wall that separates the 'visiting teaching' room from the family room. The only problem is that we don't have an A-frame ladder, and one side of the wall has stairs next to it. I didn't think it would be a problem to just get on top of the wall and tack some lights up. I was wrong. What an adventure it was! I think I almost gave Mom a heart attack, and Cameron was sure I was going to fall and crush him to death (we had him sitting on the stairs just in case I fell - to cushion the blow).
Well - here are some pics. Enjoy!




And lastly, here's a cute one of our 'Catie Tree'.
She thought I was kind of a nerd for putting lights on her, but I thought she was cute.

3 comments:
Where are the pics of the finished product?
You guys are crazy (I can't wait to hear the extension cord story). I bet the finished product looks fabulous.
Looking forward to seeing you guys on Saturday.
Jolene
Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do! I love your girls, so cute!
Post a Comment