Sunday, February 08, 2009

Allison Performs at Halftime!

So for most people that know Allison, they know that she loves to dance. She has been dancing since she was 5 and she did gymnastics for a year before that. She has always wanted to be a ballerina. She even has her own blog about it! (allisonsgottadance.blogspot.com)

Last year, she convinced me that she should try out for the competition team at her dance studio. I don’t know what I thought would happen, but I certainly didn’t think that my baby girl would turn into a teenager!

clip_image002

She tried out and ended up making it on to a more advanced team than we had thought. The team that she is on now is the team that last year won a 6 foot trophy and numerous 1st place trophies. In fact, they did so well last year, that they have to move up a division this year! The team is called the Diamonds.

I love watching her dance! She has a love for performing. She always wants to be the center of attention. J She has a talent for dancing. She is usually always on beat (even if that means she doesn’t match the other dancers ;) )

On Friday, the Diamonds performed at Rockwell High School’s Basketball halftime. It got off to kind of a rocky start, not the performance, but the basketball game. The Diamonds were performing at the boy’s basketball game but the girl’s game was playing first. We were told that the girl’s game would start at 3 pm and then the boy’s game would start at 5 pm and we would be performing at 5:30ish. The girl’s game apparently didn’t get started until around 4 and then went long. The game didn’t finish until 6! The boy’s game didn’t start until almost 6:20 and we didn’t end up performing until almost 7pm!

We had been told to show up at the high school at 5 pm ready to go (of course there was no way Misty – Allison’s coach – would have known what was going on with the games) so Mom and I had packed up all 5 girls and had shown up at 5pm at the school. AND 2 of my girlfriends Mariah and Alicia had brought their kids, Allison’s friends, to see Allison perform! There were 12 friends + my 4 kids just to see Allison! (Those are all kids – there were 4 of us Adults there tooJ) Plus all of the other people there to see the other dancers. It was a little crazy. The Diamonds did a few practices for us – kind of a ‘private show’ which was nice because Alicia and Mariah had to leave before the actual performance since everything was running so late.

When it was finally time to perform, they did such a good job! It was their first performance of this dance, the first time they had ever done it outside of the studio and the first time in front of anyone. I was so proud of Allison!

Here are a few pictures, and at the end is the video of the dance. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

clip_image004

Allison stretching before the big performance!

clip_image006

Misty telling the girls to get ready.

clip_image008

Our ‘Private Show’ or dress rehearsal – which ever you prefer :)

clip_image010

Allison’s Friends that came to see her – Becca, Brayden, Lilliah, Royce, Zeke, Noah, Brooklyn, Danni, Gabe, Savannah, Chloe, & Catie (Mary, Hannah, Mazie, & Cole were playing somewhere else)

3 comments:

Deedles said...

She is so cute! I didn't know she danced that is awesome! She did a great job!

Krista Neil said...

Pretty impressive! Cute outfits :)

Alicia Ann said...

She's so cute! I really like the pic of all of the kids, you forgot to list Sis in the picture though!